During the limited opening at the Aquatic Center, our procedures as well as availability has changed and will continue to be updated as new guidance is released. Please stay abreast of these updates by viewing our website biaquatics.org. To accommodate as many different activities as we can under the current guidelines as possible, both Don Nakata and Ray Williamson are being heated to maintain approximately 78-81 degrees.
We welcome all whom wish to participate in individual water fitness and lap swimming to register for a time slot utilizing the BIPARKS registration system or by calling 206-842-2302. Currently due to the decreased number of swimmers permitted at one time, individuals under 18 years old will not be able to sign up for individual time slots. The ADA lift and water mobility equipment is still available to users requiring assistance. Seniors and those with special needs are encouraged to make a reservation for their individual water fitness and lap swim needs, lane specific accommodations made as able on-site.
Open swim, parent/child swim, tot pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub will resume once guidance allows.
To ensure we have a smooth transition back to the water, please visit our website, biaquatics.org, for our new procedures and guidelines. Some highlights are:
BEFORE YOU VISIT:
• Make a Reservation
• Each swim time slot will be 45 min
• One Person Per Lane or designated area of Dive tank.
• View our pool schedule at biaquatics.org
• Register for Independent Swim/Exercise time Online (Activity Code #502600/502601) or by phone (206) 842-2302
• Sauna, Steam Room and Hot Tub are closed during this phase
• Pack Your Swim Bag
• Bring your swim gear (goggles, kick board, pull buoy, water bottle, etc.)
• No equipment will be available outside of swim lessons and water exercise classes.
• No extra goggles or equipment will be available.
• Bring towel and clothes to wear over your swimsuit. Changing in the facility is not permitted at this time.
• Bring your face covering.
• Bring a plastic baggie for your face covering.
• Put on your swimsuit before arriving.
• No locker rooms or showers available
• Limited restrooms available
• Arrive 10 Minutes Early
• Arrive 10 minutes prior to your time slot. Wait in your car or social distance outside the front doors. You will be signed in, complete a verbal
health screen and have your temperature taken.
• If you have a positive health screen and/or a temperature of 100.4ºF or above, you will not be able to enter the Aquatic Center.
Ray Williamson Pool
A six lane 25-yard pool was built in 1970 as an outdoor pool. In 1977 a roof was added to fully enclose the pool. The pool is the home site for Bainbridge Island High School Swimming, Diving, Water Polo teams, Bainbridge Island Swim Club (BISC), and Bainbridge Aquatic Masters team (BAM). In 2012 a solar water heating system was installed to reduce heating costs during the summer month. In 2011 a Hanovia UV system installed to increase water and air quality.
Don Nakata Pool
Built in 2001, the 360,000 gallon pool includes a 180 foot water slide, lazy river, sloped beach entry, tot pool, water futures, toddler frog slide, one and three meter diving board, and four 25-yard lap lanes. The facility also houses a spa, steam, and sauna rooms. In 2011 a Hanovia UV system installed to increase water and air quality.